I'm a translator offering English and Spanish translation services. I specialise in technical translation and the areas that interest me the most are IT, technology and business. I only translate into my mother tongue (English) so if you need a translation from English into Spanish check out my project management services. I was born in England and I've spent most of my life here. That said, I have spent three years living in various Spanish cities in order to perfect my knowledge of the language and to be able to understand the culture better, something that helps when translating.
Additionally, I have always been interested in IT and technology and that interest along with my knowledge of three programming languages (HTML, PHP and CSS) allows me to produce translations that sound as natural as possible in English. Maybe your text has nothing to do with IT or technology, but it is necessary for the translator to have some technical knowledge in order to preserve the SEO or the format of the website. If this is the case, get in touch with me to see how I can help you.
Translation of operating instructions for some industrial cleaning machinery.
Translation of a technical report for refinancing a solar farm.
Translation of a loss adjuster's report relating to a construction related loss in a five star hotel.
Translator and Proofreader
(September 2012 - present)
I've worked with Permondo, Acción Contra el Hambre and AFRIK'HOPE and I regularly work with a variety of translation agencies.
Intern in the translation department, Morote Traducciones, Spain
Translating legal and scientific documents as well as documents relating to technology and construction among others; reviewing texts already translated to English.
English teacher and researcher, University of Seville, Spain
(February 2014 - May 2014)
Researching the terms used during Holy Week in Seville in order to create a Spanish to English glossary; teaching classes on English Literature and Culture to first year students.
Translator and Proofreader, University of Granada, Spain
As part of my undergraduate degree, I undertook this work placement where I was responsible for translating academic articles from Spanish to English and proofreading English documents, such as course information leaflets and other marketing materials.
BA in English Literature and Spanish (First class, with a distinction in spoken Spanish)
(September 2011 - July 2015)
While studying this degree I developed:
- Outstanding communication skills in both English and Spanish which enables me to accurately convey information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong analytical skills which allow me to think critically and to address potential problems before they arise.
- Translation and interpreting skills which allow me to clearly express key ideas in an understandable way and adjust my methods to suit the listener or reader.
Additionally, I did the following:
- Won the departmental prize for my grades in Spanish.
- Won the Valedictory Prize for consistently producing work of a high standard in Spanish.
- Published an article on alcohol awareness in the student newspaper.
- Attended the following training courses: Commercial Awareness, Office Admin Skills, Developing a Team and Minutes, Meetings & Agendas.